A financial crisis occurs when a particular large disruption to information flows occurs in the financial market. The financial crisis of 2007 started in the United States and spread around the world but it did not lead to a depression because of the aggressive central bank action. In a paper of 1200-1500 you are required to:
1. Discuss the crisis of 2007-2009 in USA and compare it with the Great Depression in 1929. In your discussion identify the factors that triggered both crises? (20 marks)
2. President Obama prevented the financial crisis of 2007 and 2009 from becoming a depression? Explain how he achieved this (20 marks)
3. Canadian was less affected by the financial crisis of 2007-2009, why? (15 marks)
4. Currently house prices in Toronto has increased significantly over the last year, argue two contributing factors, is it a bubble like USA 2007 crisis and so far what has Canadian government done to fix this surge in house prices and is it working? (20 marks)
5. What would be you recommendation to the Canadian government? (15)
6. Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style) 5 Marks
7. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) 5 Marks
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a grading rubric (see rubric in the project menu)
- Include at least two references resources other than your text.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the menu (A template is located in the course document menu)
- Use appropriate heading for each point
- Turnitin similarities maximum 15%
This is an individual assignment.A late penalty of 10% per day will be levied on late submission.
Plagiarism: to present another person’s ideas, writing, artistic work, creations, etc. as one’s own. This includes the presentation of all or part of another person’s work as something one has written, paraphrasing another’s writing without proper acknowledgement, or representing another’s work or creation as one’s own. Any use of the work of others, whether published, unpublished or posted electronically or on the web, attributed or anonymous, must include proper acknowledgment
Please refer to the Academic Honesty and Plagiarism policy in the course document menu.