1. Start out with a brief introduction of the issue, why it is relevant to your practice and patient. This grabs the reader’s attention.
2. Then you need to discuss the foreground and background questions .
· You need to understand why your topic is important to patients, what the cost is in patient outcomes, fiscal implications, etc.
· This paper should be 2-3 pages, but remember that the topic needs to be adequately covered. See the Outline for EBP Papers.docx below for an outline of expectations in the four papers (see below)
Question: Is there a significant decrease in Emergency Department patient length of stay (LOS) for those whose blood was analyzed using POC testing versus those whose blood was analyzed using laboratory testing?
· P-Population= emergency room patients
· I-Intervention or Exposure= POC testing of blood specimens
· C-Comparison= Laboratory blood specimens
· O-Outcome= Decrease patient stay in the emergency room
· T-Time = N/A
Outline of paper
· Write the Introduction of your paper.
· Why this issue effects your practice?
· Genesis or background?
· Societal cost (patient outcomes, loss of revenue, patient satisfaction etc.).
· Discuss PICOT question formation