Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
1. Describe three features of shamans.
2. Describe one way that rites of passage and rites of intensification are similar.
3. What are three ways that magic is similar to religion?
4. What is religion? Discuss the problems of defining religion cross-culturally.
5. Describe the basic functions of supernaturalism.
6. List and briefly describe two features of Upper Paleolithic cave paintings that are also found in contemporary paintings.
7. What are the distinguishing characteristics of Cuna (Kuna) molas?
8. List and describe three cross-cultural functions of body art.
9. How can the examples of expressive arts be used to illustrate the concept of culture?
10. Using either the example of wood carvings of northern California native peoples or the molas of the Cuna (Kuna) Indians of Panama, describe how expressive art is integrated into the everyday lives of a society.
PART II: Journal
Using a minimum of two resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1 to 2 page paper in APA format to describe the features of revitalization movements. Recount an example of such a movement and point out how it exhibits the features common to such movements.
- Posted: 4 years ago
- Due: 25/10/2015
- Budget: $15