note: I don’t have the book (white like her by Gail Lukasik)
I would appreciate if you have it
Write a 4-page review of White Like Her: My Family’s Story of Race and Racial Passing adhering to the following guidelines:
- Identify the racial/ethnic/cultural group that is the focus of the book.
- Summarize the content of the book (provide a synopsis).
- Provide a brief summary of the assumptions and stereotypes made about the ethnic group by others. Provide any historical reference to help clarify why this group may be oppressed.
- Summarize the cultural values presented in the book. What values were particularly important? What similarities and differences did you notice with respect to these cultural values?
- Briefly discuss personal awareness and insights reached. What connections and revelations did you make while reading the book?
- Provide your general impressions of the book. Would you recommend the book to others?
- Conclude with a brief discussion of implications for your future growth and development in cultural competence.