Submit PICO(T) Question
Submit your PICO(T) clinical question. See grading rubric in Syllabus Supplement and sample PICOT for guidance.
PICOT/The Research Question
The student will reflect on clinical nursing practice and write a research question. The question will be developed by using the PICOT framework (Population, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, Time). The student will identify a nursing clinical question as follows:
· What individual or group am I curious about? (population)
· What key intervention am I curious about? (intervention)
· What intervention will I be comparing? (comparison)
· What do I hope to accomplish, or What would happen if I did this? (outcome)
· How much time will the intervention take to achieve the desired effects? (time)
The aim of the PICOT is to discover current research and promote best practices. The PICOT will guide the Literature Review. The PICOT must have a nursing clinical focus. A rationale for each element of the PICOT question must be provided and supported by a credible source. List the references on the reference page, following APA format.
Students will be able to resubmit the PICOT assignment one time.