Stream Morphology Laboratory
This lab enables you to construct a physical scale model of a stream system to help you understand how streams and rivers shape the landscape, and how human actions can affect river ecosystems. This lab is done with materials that you will need to supply; the list of items you will need to obtain is in the.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). On the “Lab Worksheet,” answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section. Finally, transfer all of your answers and visual elements from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report.” You will submit both the “Lab Report” and the “Lab Worksheet” to Waypoint.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Before you begin the assignment, read the The Scientific Method (Links to an external site.)presentation video. and review
- Complete Activity 1 and Activity 2 using the materials that you supply. Photograph each activity following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Complete all parts of the and answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section.
- Transfer your responses to the lab questions and the data tables and your photos from the “Lab Worksheet” into the .
- Submit your completed “Lab Report” and “Lab Worksheet” through Waypoint.