1. Understand the various theoretical models of accounting
2. To apply knowledge and understanding to specific financial reporting issues unit to AASB
3. Discuss the theoretical constructs of contemporary financial accounting
4. Evaluate and explain the need for the development of a conceptual framework for
Accounting, and discuss the influence of such a framework on accounting practice.
5. Understand the Australian accounting regulatory framework and the conceptual framework
6. Be able to understand how to account for assets, non-current assets and liabilities
7. Be able to calculate for revaluations and impairments of non-current assets, and then
8. Account for leases for both lessees and lessors.
9. Account for company income taxes
10. Accounting for the extractive industries